We want to help families and the community to respond and meet the needs of children and youth with behavior challenges including but not limited to the spectrum of disabilities known as Pervasive Developmental Disorder. Children identified as emotionally disturbed, at risk for academic failure, or come from abused or neglected situations can benefit from equine facilitated education.
No previous horse experience is necessary. We take the strengths of the individual and pursue the areas of need through the unique relationship a horse has to offer. Through this relationship, we are able to enhance:
- Improved on-task behavior
- Improved attention skills allows for improved skill and tasks sequencing
- Increased social interaction
- Development of joint attention behaviors
- Increased physical activity and sensory input promoting increased concentration
- Overall improvement of learning and confidence
- Confidence and Empowerment!